Power of Love is unequivocally committed to respecting the privacy of our donors.
Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
- contact information: name, organization/company, complete address, phone number, email address
- donation information: amounts donated, date of donation(s), method, and stimulus
- information concerning hours you have volunteered
- your requests and comments
- non-personally identifiable information, such as how many hits each POL website page receives, and if the visitor is repeat or new. This requires that a cookie be sent to the visitor’s web browser.
How Information is Used.
Power of Love uses your data only to maintain records of donations and send receipts of donations. We add you to our mailing list upon request. Our third-party mailing service is contractually obligated to treat the lists with confidentiality and is prohibited from transferring them elsewhere.
We do NOT list individuals’ names in ANY of our publications.
Corporate and Foundation sponsors are listed in our Annual Report and event programs. We may use your written comments/letters occasionally to post on our website (but will not list any individual names unless requested).
Credit card numbers are NOT retained once processed. Our website has an SSL certificate (small data files that digitally bind a cryptographic key to an organization's details). Donations of $5000 or more are reported on IRS Form 990, Schedule B.
No Sharing of Personal Information.
Power of Love will not sell, rent, trade, or transfer your personal information to outside organizations. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of Power of Love and only to further the mission of Power of Love. Nevertheless, security measures may not prevent all losses, and POL is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to security failures.