“Safe Park” was designed for children from the community to learn and play in a safe environment. Due to COVID, program activities were cancelled for the months of April, May, and June. In July, we resumed “Safe Park” in a new format to provide education and prevent the spread of COVID.
New “Safe Park” format: Since most families have little knowledge about COVID, and children are out of school, we are now providing education on COVID prevention and PPE to children from the community. Two COVID prevention workshops are conducted every week with social distancing. PPE and a small snack are provided. About 40 children attend each week.
Goal: Our goal is to keep families informed so that they follow all protocols (hand washing, social distancing, and wearing a mask) to stay safe from COVID.
Content of COVID workshops: Topics discussed during these workshops are:
- What is COVID-19?
- What do you know about COVID-19?
- Signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- How does COVID-19 spread and who is more at risk
- Is there treatment for COVID-19 in Zambia or the World at large.
- How can we, the young people, stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community?
- Q and A
Stay safe. We are all in this together.